Should the concept of sustainability be an important factor in the engineering design process?
You may want to answer this question by considering what sustainability means, especially with respect to engineering design. Are there advantages or disadvantages to including sustainability considerations in the design process?
NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS:
1) There is not necessarily one ‘correct’ answer.
2) Feel free to use reference material, but you must cite your sources.
3) Assume that you are addressing a fellow classmate or a recent graduate of the program who is now a practicing engineer.
4) Please try to be convincing. More important is not how you feel about the question, but how you explain and defend your position. The number of points earned on this homework will be a function of the quality of the work submitted.
5) Your submission should be at least 300 words long.
WARNING: Plagiarism is a form of academic misconduct and the consequence of plagiarizing is a grade of 0 in the assignment. In addition, university procedures dealing with plagiarism will be followed.